Do you have any reccomendations for the type of fuse and rating to fit? Dennis wore a device on his foot which recorded pedal effort while the rolling road recorded the amount of brake effort. Finished fitting the rear brake shoes, adjusters and handbrake cables. I had calculated that my 3. A Berkley T60, Ford 100E Prefects, Triumph Heralds and then my first kit car aged 18. This means using parallel tubes and right angle joints. I managed to drag the manifold up and rotate it to expose the troublesome bolt. Things got worse with the down-pipe flange connecting to the manifold.
With the air intake out the way I removed the custom heat shield for it. Next came the speedo on the next rolling road. Please learn from my mistake I am now highly sensitised to 2 pack paint and just the slightest whiff of the stuff can make me feel very lightheaded and give me some very uncomfortable chest pains. The limited space meant that only about five of the teeth were actually cutting. Earlier books being 10mm shorter and needing 10mm taking off the drive shafts. Good idea regarding a master fuse - would you suggest putting it where I have marked in the attached pic? Cutting was the only real option, but I didn't have anything that would be able to fit in the tight space and cut the nut off. You must measure the dia of the piston.
I have arthritis so wanted to keep the servo. Started to chop down the instrument cluster so it can be fitted in the dash. Then welded around the bar on both ends, good start! I continued with a 22mm dremel blade cutting across the flange and down the middle however I could only reach so far due to lack of workable space. After this the wiring will have to be run up the tranny tunnel, along with the wiring for the reverse sensor. I like it a lot and just need the other seat doing to match. Lots of measurements here with both the engine running as there was a servo and with engine off.
The transmition tunnel is finished and the tub lid. Once the bottom tubes were tacked and checked for square the side and top tubes could begin to be added. Brakes aren't working properly yet either. The fuel lines are fastened every 100 mm. I am very undecided what to use for seats at the present time, basically because they are a major outlay and range from £180 for Cobra copies to £250 for wide fibre glass seats.
I found a saucepan lid and cut a hole in the center to slip over the exhaust and for the other end a stainless curry bowl, after a hole and some metral bashing it fitted the other end, both cost 10p at a boot sale. Ok so some more work done since the last time But not alot. Fibreglass bucket seat, Cobra style seat that I had been following on the bay or some other. I may well fit floor stiffeners out of 19 x 19 mm box section, these to fasten the drivers seat runners to. White dial kit is fitted to the speedo head and the ali is cut for the seat back panel. To make matters worse the jigs to make the wishbones are not altered in the later book.
As for the car well I haven't really done alot since the last update, the Cossie Discs and calipers have been refitted along with the 15 inch wheels, the 17's are going back on eBay there just too big. Next stage is to make a flange to fit the single header pipe flange and make up a section of tubing to go to my newly acquired silencer. New cam belt kit fitted, inlet polished, cam cover painted. . So thinking of adding a small rigid pipe to a new bracket on the rear of the round section of tube on the hub carrier, as in the mock-up.
Once the chassis was all tacked together it was time for the long and tedious process of completing the welding. Approximate price of £30 each, yes I will have to sort out matching covers, but at least both the wife and myself could drive the car. It had a fuel sender and an outlet pipe and a filler pipe and cap but was mounted on its side so would need a lot of modification to accommodate a fuel injection system with submersible pump and fuel return. It took a morning to fix and 5 weeks before a retest could be done where it passed easily. Here is a picture of the relay if it happens to you. I could replace one at the roadside in less time than it would take to change a wheel and tyre in the end. It was based on the old E93A I had had earlier with the front beam axle hinged in the middle.
I saw one that caught my eye. The next attempt was to wedge a flat chisel between the brake pads and disc as well as clamping them down. They were all cracked with age. But it will not be a problem with exhaust flow into the manifold. The tyre simply turned with me on it. It came with its engine in pieces on the back seat of the car and had no brakes. I was checking a few days later and saw that when I had copied all the documents before sending them I had missed out one of the receipts I had the original and the copy.